Welcome Rock Hill area art students

This blog was created to allow casual conversations about the artwork that you have created and the artists who have influenced you. This will be an excellent place for you to display your art images and share your reactions. We can also share information about upcoming art events.


Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Marie B. Pinschmidt


This landscape is done by a living artist, Marie Pinschmidt. She is actually one of my "Influential Artists." :D I absolutely L-O-V-E her landscapes and floral paintings. I think they're absolutely breath-taking. I love her use of color in all her paintings. She does a great job with her use of shadowing in her flowers and really seems to make them pop. One of my favorite things about this particular landscape of hers is how you can see the reflection in the water just like it were real. Her landscapes are very realistic and very natural looking which I try to do in my artwork as well. She is a writer as well as an artist. I put her website link above this post in case anyone would like to see more of her artwork and learn more about her writing. I think everyone should take the time to appreciate her artwork. I think it's definitely worth the 2 minutes of my time :)

2 comments:

  1. It just seem so real! The reflection really caught my attention.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the kind comments.
    Marie

    ReplyDelete