Welcome Rock Hill area art students

This blog was created to allow casual conversations about the artwork that you have created and the artists who have influenced you. This will be an excellent place for you to display your art images and share your reactions. We can also share information about upcoming art events.


Search This Blog

Friday, March 12, 2010

Patrick Daugherty in the News

- cmullins@heraldonline.com
Scattered showers this week haven’t stopped Patrick Dougherty and a group of sculpture students from starting to create five giant faces made of woven tree saplings that will overlook Rock Hill’s Main Street.
Dougherty, a world-renowned artist and North Carolina native, began work Monday on the type of sculpture he’s crafted more than 200 times before: long sticks woven together and stretched up to 25 feet toward the sky, usually with an opening for viewers to... (click for more)

1 comment:

  1. After spending a couple hours helping Daugherty with the projects, I have a new found respect for this process. My hands are beat up, my arms sore, and I'll forever think of how bendable saplings are when I see them.

    He expressed an interest in talking to a group of art students. I'm in the process of scheduling this event. I'll take suggestions.

    ReplyDelete