Welcome Rock Hill area art students

This blog was created to allow casual conversations about the artwork that you have created and the artists who have influenced you. This will be an excellent place for you to display your art images and share your reactions. We can also share information about upcoming art events.


Search This Blog

Thursday, February 17, 2011




For IB English we were required to do something called response journals in which we responded to a novel throught journal entries. One of the types of these entries is creative response, which believe it or not includes visual art :) I actually enjoyed the assignment and found others' interpretations to be quite interesting. That is why this particular artwork shown caught my eye. This is an artist's response to Shakespeare's play, "Hamlet". Having read Hamlet I can connect the emotions in this artwork to the emotions in text. This process is really neat to me and I think it's a great way to link art to other studies. I hope that this assignment continues to spread so that others have the opportunity to express their interpretations of works of literature or other subjects.

No comments:

Post a Comment