Welcome Rock Hill area art students

This blog was created to allow casual conversations about the artwork that you have created and the artists who have influenced you. This will be an excellent place for you to display your art images and share your reactions. We can also share information about upcoming art events.


Search This Blog

Friday, February 10, 2012

What is your artist message??

This is a quote that I found really interesting and gets you to really think what message you want your art to convey throughout your artist career. I found it while I was searching for one of my influential artists and it was in his bio section. Here it is: "My artwork is meant to recall the beauty, majesty and mystery of the life we live, and the world we live it in. Painting the small delicacy of the light on a child's face, or the overwhelming power and grace of the sky at sunrise, is my attempt to capture some of that wonder. Through my work I hope to remind you and myself how truly wonderful, complex, and vivid life is. Whether we are looking into the eyes of someone we love, or struggling just to breath, life is a priceless gift." --John Rowe.

No comments:

Post a Comment