Welcome Rock Hill area art students

This blog was created to allow casual conversations about the artwork that you have created and the artists who have influenced you. This will be an excellent place for you to display your art images and share your reactions. We can also share information about upcoming art events.


Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 10, 2010

"Island"

Ok, so I am a huge fan of surrealistic art, and when i found this piece, i had to post it. This piece was done by Vladimir Kalinin who does a lot of surrealistic art. I love the concept and the flow of this piece. Nothing in the piece is exactly the same or symetrical and it has a very organic feel which I try to do in my pieces. The hands are also a common motif in a lot of my work which is probably part of why I really like this piece. Surrealism is a really cool style of art that I have always had an interest for. I encourage anyone who also likes surrealism to check out this artist or link and take a look at some of his other work!

No comments:

Post a Comment