Welcome Rock Hill area art students

This blog was created to allow casual conversations about the artwork that you have created and the artists who have influenced you. This will be an excellent place for you to display your art images and share your reactions. We can also share information about upcoming art events.


Search This Blog

Friday, September 21, 2012

Trompe L'oeil

Trompe L'oeil has been around since ancient Greece,and has been used many ways. Through different styles,cultures,and generations.This technique was used to try and give the illusion of space and a great abundence of 3D images.In this photo, I chose it is giving the illusion of depth. When I first looked at it I thought it might have been trying to capture a forest. But, I looked closer and found that it could have been multiple meanings of this photograph. I personally like this picture, because it gives a sence of danger yet complete calmness at the same time.I say this because the person on the bike looks like she could be falling inwards,and the colors help me relax.

No comments:

Post a Comment