Welcome Rock Hill area art students

This blog was created to allow casual conversations about the artwork that you have created and the artists who have influenced you. This will be an excellent place for you to display your art images and share your reactions. We can also share information about upcoming art events.


Search This Blog

Sunday, June 8, 2008

Pete EckertBlind Photographer

"I am not trying to depict the sighted world. I am trying to show the world I now see using my other senses."

It is awakening to me to see how many artists deal with process now-a-days and seem to almost make excuses for artwork that is aesthetically pleasing.
I can understand performance art and even conceptual art being about the process, but Photography? If there was one medium in which the product matters most, I would think photography would be it. Evidently, I need to adjust my thinking.
Pete Eckert is a blind artist who, to me, creates incredible compositions filled with movement and striking colors of people's activities. In his artist statement, however, he describes what his role is as an artist somewhere between the sighted world and the blind world.


No comments:

Post a Comment